First Presbyterian Church is looking for the right person to lead our ministries to children and families during a time of great opportunity.
Our Director of Children and Family Ministries will lead our vital and strategic Children’s Ministries Team as it strives to fulfill its mission of discipling children (birth to fifth grade) and empowering families to love and serve Jesus together. This individual, with the support of the Children’s Ministry Team, will develop and equip volunteers and oversee the children and family ministry of the church, which also has a strong vision of outreach and evangelism.
Tell me more about the position.
The Director of Children and Family Ministries will lead ministries to children (birth – 5th grade) and empower families to love and serve Jesus together. This individual, with the support of a volunteer Children’s Ministry Team, will develop and equip volunteers and oversee the children and family ministries of the church.
What are the qualifications to be considered?
The Director of Children and Family Ministries must have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, a love for children and their maturing in faith, and a heart to equip parents in their role as spiritual leaders to their children. A bachelor’s degree in education or a relevant field is preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience working with children, along with developing leaders and administering programs, would be helpful. The candidate must also believe Scripture is inspired and infallible, regularly spend time studying God’s Word and faithfully attend worship. The candidate should seek to honor Christ in all relationships and maintain a lifestyle which is consistent with scripture and the essential tenets of ECO.
What skills would help in this role?
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Affirmation and support of the mission and values of First Presbyterian Church
- Ability to relate well with people of all ages
- Clear understanding of biblical truth
- Ability to cast a clear and compelling vision and communicate it effectively •
- Self-directed, teachable spirit, positive attitude, flexibility, and sense of humor
- Skills in written and verbal communication
- Ability to encourage creativity and risk taking; develops new ideas and programs
- Pursues learning, growth, and new models of ministry
- Ability to build teams and foster a spirit of team work throughout all areas of the ministry
- Passion for evangelizing and discipling children, as well as, resourcing parents
- Ability to plan ahead, is well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Proficiency using computers, Microsoft Office, internet, and social media
- Intentional with the use of technology to effectively engage and accomplish ministry goals.
Interested in knowing more or applying?
To apply or find out more, e-mail your cover letter and resume outlining your vision for children’s and family ministries to Billy Craig, associate pastor for youth and evangelism.